Re: Porcupine quills - used in period?

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5 6:16 AM
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Amy Heilveil" <amyheilveil@...>
      wrote:

      > I have not seen any references to these being used as scribal tools in
      > Europe during the SCA time frame.

      I suppose I should clarify; these aren't those humongous ones from
      African porcupines, these are the skinny little ones that you can cut
      off the ends and use as essentially very long bugle beads. With a
      diameter of only about 3/64" and not a lot of tensile strength, they
      aren't very useful for writing. Wish they were; at least I could do
      something period with them.

      EydĂ­s