Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Porcupine quills - used in period?

  • Diane Sawyer Dooley
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2007
      Try replying via web post. I'd do it myself with this reply, but the government network I'm on blocks access to Yahoo!Groups. Not Yahoo!Mail, not Yahoo!, just Yahoo!Groups. Go figure.

      Tasha

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Amy Heilveil" <amyheilveil@...>
        wrote:

        > I have not seen any references to these being used as scribal tools in
        > Europe during the SCA time frame.

        I suppose I should clarify; these aren't those humongous ones from
        African porcupines, these are the skinny little ones that you can cut
        off the ends and use as essentially very long bugle beads. With a
        diameter of only about 3/64" and not a lot of tensile strength, they
        aren't very useful for writing. Wish they were; at least I could do
        something period with them.

        EydĂ­s