Re: [Authentic_SCA] 13th century Bible

  • Christiana
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 7, 2007
      Greetings, Andrea. The name of the Bible is the
      Maciejowski Bible. Don't ask me to pronounce it. My
      friends and I just call it the "Mak" Bible.

      Christiana

      http://tv.yahoo.com/
    • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 9, 2007
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Christiana
        <christiana_davochelie@...> wrote:

        > Greetings, Andrea. The name of the Bible is the
        > Maciejowski Bible. Don't ask me to pronounce it. My
        > friends and I just call it the "Mak" Bible.
        >
        > Christiana

        My cousin is called Maciej, and it's always been pronounced as Matchie.
        So my guess would be Matchiovski.
        Guess we'd have to ask the SIG list to be sure :)
        Rosie
      • Michael Hurley
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 15, 2007
          At 10:01 AM +0000 on 8/9/07, Rosie (aka Nawojka) wrote:

          >My cousin is called Maciej, and it's always been pronounced as Matchie.
          >So my guess would be Matchiovski.

          As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
          know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!
          --
          Auf wiedersehen!
          Michael

          "..No."

          -Real Genius
        • Sarah Michele Ford
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 16, 2007
            On 8/16/07, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

            > As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
            > know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!

            I heard the best name for it at Pennsic: The Mispronounski Bible. ;^)

            Alianor

          • squire009
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 16, 2007
              --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

              > At 10:01 AM +0000 on 8/9/07, Rosie (aka Nawojka) wrote:
              >
              > >My cousin is called Maciej, and it's always been pronounced as Matchie.
              > >So my guess would be Matchiovski.
              >
              > As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
              > know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!
              > --
              > Auf wiedersehen!
              > Michael
              I've read that there are about 5 different ways to pronounce the name.
              I know people that prefer to pronounce it as the Mispronounski Bible. ;)

              Alcyoneus
            • Michael Hurley
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 17, 2007
                At 8:26 AM -0400 on 8/16/07, Sarah Michele Ford wrote:

                >On 8/16/07, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
                >> know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!
                >
                >I heard the best name for it at Pennsic: The Mispronounski Bible. ;^)

                It's also known as the Morgan Bible which is so much easier to remember!
                --
                Auf wiedersehen!
                Michael

                "..No."