Re: [Authentic_SCA] 13th century Bible

  • Christiana
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 7, 2007
      Greetings, Andrea. The name of the Bible is the
      Maciejowski Bible. Don't ask me to pronounce it. My
      friends and I just call it the "Mak" Bible.

      Christiana

      http://tv.yahoo.com/
    • mackayjenn
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 7, 2007
        Hey, have you been over the the 13th century garb list? There's one on
        Yahoo. They might be able to help you with your questions.

        Gemma Northwode
      • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 9, 2007
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Christiana
          <christiana_davochelie@...> wrote:

          > Greetings, Andrea. The name of the Bible is the
          > Maciejowski Bible. Don't ask me to pronounce it. My
          > friends and I just call it the "Mak" Bible.
          >
          > Christiana

          My cousin is called Maciej, and it's always been pronounced as Matchie.
          So my guess would be Matchiovski.
          Guess we'd have to ask the SIG list to be sure :)
          Rosie
        • Michael Hurley
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 15, 2007
            At 10:01 AM +0000 on 8/9/07, Rosie (aka Nawojka) wrote:

            >My cousin is called Maciej, and it's always been pronounced as Matchie.
            >So my guess would be Matchiovski.

            As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
            know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!
            --
            Auf wiedersehen!
            Michael

            "..No."

            -Real Genius
          • Sarah Michele Ford
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 16, 2007
              On 8/16/07, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

              > As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
              > know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!

              I heard the best name for it at Pennsic: The Mispronounski Bible. ;^)

              Alianor

            • squire009
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 16, 2007
                --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

                > At 10:01 AM +0000 on 8/9/07, Rosie (aka Nawojka) wrote:
                >
                > >My cousin is called Maciej, and it's always been pronounced as Matchie.
                > >So my guess would be Matchiovski.
                >
                > As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
                > know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!
                > --
                > Auf wiedersehen!
                > Michael
                I've read that there are about 5 different ways to pronounce the name.
                I know people that prefer to pronounce it as the Mispronounski Bible. ;)

                Alcyoneus
              • Michael Hurley
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 17, 2007
                  At 8:26 AM -0400 on 8/16/07, Sarah Michele Ford wrote:

                  >On 8/16/07, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
                  >> know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!
                  >
                  >I heard the best name for it at Pennsic: The Mispronounski Bible. ;^)

                  It's also known as the Morgan Bible which is so much easier to remember!
                  --
                  Auf wiedersehen!
                  Michael

                  "..No."