Re: [Authentic_SCA] 13th century Bible

  • Christiana
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 7, 2007
      Greetings, Andrea. The name of the Bible is the
      Maciejowski Bible. Don't ask me to pronounce it. My
      friends and I just call it the "Mak" Bible.

      Christiana

      http://tv.yahoo.com/
    • mackayjenn
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 7, 2007
        Hey, have you been over the the 13th century garb list? There's one on
        Yahoo. They might be able to help you with your questions.

        Gemma Northwode
      • Andrea Hughett
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 7, 2007
          --- julian wilson <smnco37@...> wrote:

          > Gentle Lady,
          > it's the Maciejowski Bible

          That's it! Thank you kindly.

          Andrea of Anglespur
          kitscaa Gwervyl verch Hywel Gwyddwyllt
          So many books, so little time!

        • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 9, 2007
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Christiana
            <christiana_davochelie@...> wrote:

            > Greetings, Andrea. The name of the Bible is the
            > Maciejowski Bible. Don't ask me to pronounce it. My
            > friends and I just call it the "Mak" Bible.
            >
            > Christiana

            My cousin is called Maciej, and it's always been pronounced as Matchie.
            So my guess would be Matchiovski.
            Guess we'd have to ask the SIG list to be sure :)
            Rosie
          • Michael Hurley
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 15, 2007
              At 10:01 AM +0000 on 8/9/07, Rosie (aka Nawojka) wrote:

              >My cousin is called Maciej, and it's always been pronounced as Matchie.
              >So my guess would be Matchiovski.

              As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
              know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!
              --
              Auf wiedersehen!
              Michael

              "..No."

              -Real Genius
            • Sarah Michele Ford
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 16, 2007
                On 8/16/07, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

                > As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
                > know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!

                I heard the best name for it at Pennsic: The Mispronounski Bible. ;^)

                Alianor

              • squire009
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 16, 2007
                  --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:

                  > At 10:01 AM +0000 on 8/9/07, Rosie (aka Nawojka) wrote:
                  >
                  > >My cousin is called Maciej, and it's always been pronounced as Matchie.
                  > >So my guess would be Matchiovski.
                  >
                  > As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
                  > know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!
                  > --
                  > Auf wiedersehen!
                  > Michael
                  I've read that there are about 5 different ways to pronounce the name.
                  I know people that prefer to pronounce it as the Mispronounski Bible. ;)

                  Alcyoneus
                • Michael Hurley
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 17, 2007
                    At 8:26 AM -0400 on 8/16/07, Sarah Michele Ford wrote:

                    >On 8/16/07, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> As I understand it, it's Mah-chaiy-YOV-sky. My problem is that now I
                    >> know how to pronounce it, I can never remember how to spell it!
                    >
                    >I heard the best name for it at Pennsic: The Mispronounski Bible. ;^)

                    It's also known as the Morgan Bible which is so much easier to remember!
                    --
                    Auf wiedersehen!
                    Michael

                    "..No."