Re: Heraldry Help

  • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2007
      > >Hi All,
      > >Would someone tell me how to blazon this please?
      > >http://www.geocities.com/rosie_0801/rosiedevice.jpg
      > >I've nearly got the paperwork finished, this is the last bit! The
      > >charge is called a lekawica. It's a Polish thing.
      > >

      > Vert. On a fess argent a lekawica purpure.

      Thanks Adele!
      One day I'll get the hang of it myself. Is there some order of
      importance for the different elements? I mean, does blazoning have
      syntax?
      Rosie
    • Frederick
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
        I kind of know all the names for the pieces I just can't put it into a
        setence.

        semi-related:
        I never had a letter that said I could use mine yet. I did get a letter
        that said my name was excepted and my design was not, but on the web-
        page it had registered as both accepted. I sent about four e-mails
        through the SCA Heraldry page, with no responses.
        I sent it in about a year after Pennsic 34.

        anyway...

        ~Galmr~
      • Dawn Malmstrom
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
          > Thanks Adele!
          > One day I'll get the hang of it myself. Is there some order of
          > importance for the different elements? I mean, does blazoning have
          > syntax?
          > Rosie

          Yes, to put it in as simple terms as possible. Think of the arms
          painted in layers on a shield facing you. You would "read" the arms
          starting in the first layer painted in the left upper corner. First up
          is the main field division (if any) and the color(s) of the field.
          Then the charges. then anything on the charges. Laurel has a great
          tutorial on heraldry that explains it better here:

          http://www.sca.org/heraldry/primer/index.html

          Hope this helps.

          Donata Bonacorsi
        • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
            I mean, does blazoning have
            > > syntax?
            > > Rosie
            > >

            > Yes, to put it in as simple terms as possible. Think of the arms
            > painted in layers on a shield facing you. You would "read" the arms
            > starting in the first layer painted in the left upper corner. First
            up
            > is the main field division (if any) and the color(s) of the field.
            > Then the charges. then anything on the charges. Laurel has a great
            > tutorial on heraldry that explains it better here:
            >
            > http://www.sca.org/heraldry/primer/index.html
            >
            > Hope this helps.
            >
            > Donata Bonacorsi

            Yes, thanks Donata. I guess it will take a while to learn, but it is
            another language! I'll have to find someone to teach me how to
            pronounce it all :)
            Rosie