Re: [Authentic_SCA] Heraldry Help

  • Adele de Maisieres
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2007
      Rosie (aka Nawojka) wrote:

      >Hi All,
      >Would someone tell me how to blazon this please?
      >http://www.geocities.com/rosie_0801/rosiedevice.jpg
      >I've nearly got the paperwork finished, this is the last bit! The
      >charge is called a lekawica. It's a Polish thing.

      Vert. On a fess argent a lekawica purpure.

      --
      Adele de Maisieres

      -----------------------------
      Habeo metrum - musicamque,
      hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?
      -Georgeus Gershwinus
      -----------------------------
    • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2007
        > >Hi All,
        > >Would someone tell me how to blazon this please?
        > >http://www.geocities.com/rosie_0801/rosiedevice.jpg
        > >I've nearly got the paperwork finished, this is the last bit! The
        > >charge is called a lekawica. It's a Polish thing.
        > >

        > Vert. On a fess argent a lekawica purpure.

        Thanks Adele!
        One day I'll get the hang of it myself. Is there some order of
        importance for the different elements? I mean, does blazoning have
        syntax?
        Rosie
      • Frederick
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
          I kind of know all the names for the pieces I just can't put it into a
          setence.

          semi-related:
          I never had a letter that said I could use mine yet. I did get a letter
          that said my name was excepted and my design was not, but on the web-
          page it had registered as both accepted. I sent about four e-mails
          through the SCA Heraldry page, with no responses.
          I sent it in about a year after Pennsic 34.

          anyway...

          ~Galmr~
        • Dawn Malmstrom
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
            > Thanks Adele!
            > One day I'll get the hang of it myself. Is there some order of
            > importance for the different elements? I mean, does blazoning have
            > syntax?
            > Rosie

            Yes, to put it in as simple terms as possible. Think of the arms
            painted in layers on a shield facing you. You would "read" the arms
            starting in the first layer painted in the left upper corner. First up
            is the main field division (if any) and the color(s) of the field.
            Then the charges. then anything on the charges. Laurel has a great
            tutorial on heraldry that explains it better here:

            http://www.sca.org/heraldry/primer/index.html

            Hope this helps.

            Donata Bonacorsi
          • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
              I mean, does blazoning have
              > > syntax?
              > > Rosie
              > >

              > Yes, to put it in as simple terms as possible. Think of the arms
              > painted in layers on a shield facing you. You would "read" the arms
              > starting in the first layer painted in the left upper corner. First
              up
              > is the main field division (if any) and the color(s) of the field.
              > Then the charges. then anything on the charges. Laurel has a great
              > tutorial on heraldry that explains it better here:
              >
              > http://www.sca.org/heraldry/primer/index.html
              >
              > Hope this helps.
              >
              > Donata Bonacorsi

              Yes, thanks Donata. I guess it will take a while to learn, but it is
              another language! I'll have to find someone to teach me how to
              pronounce it all :)
              Rosie