Heraldry Help

  • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2007
      Hi All,
      Would someone tell me how to blazon this please?
      http://www.geocities.com/rosie_0801/rosiedevice.jpg
      I've nearly got the paperwork finished, this is the last bit! The
      charge is called a lekawica. It's a Polish thing.
      Thanks,
      Rosie
      Lochac
    • Adele de Maisieres
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2007
        Rosie (aka Nawojka) wrote:

        >Hi All,
        >Would someone tell me how to blazon this please?
        >http://www.geocities.com/rosie_0801/rosiedevice.jpg
        >I've nearly got the paperwork finished, this is the last bit! The
        >charge is called a lekawica. It's a Polish thing.

        Vert. On a fess argent a lekawica purpure.

        --
        Adele de Maisieres

        -----------------------------
        Habeo metrum - musicamque,
        hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?
        -Georgeus Gershwinus
        -----------------------------
      • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2007
          > >Hi All,
          > >Would someone tell me how to blazon this please?
          > >http://www.geocities.com/rosie_0801/rosiedevice.jpg
          > >I've nearly got the paperwork finished, this is the last bit! The
          > >charge is called a lekawica. It's a Polish thing.
          > >

          > Vert. On a fess argent a lekawica purpure.

          Thanks Adele!
          One day I'll get the hang of it myself. Is there some order of
          importance for the different elements? I mean, does blazoning have
          syntax?
          Rosie
        • Frederick
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
            I kind of know all the names for the pieces I just can't put it into a
            setence.

            semi-related:
            I never had a letter that said I could use mine yet. I did get a letter
            that said my name was excepted and my design was not, but on the web-
            page it had registered as both accepted. I sent about four e-mails
            through the SCA Heraldry page, with no responses.
            I sent it in about a year after Pennsic 34.

            anyway...

            ~Galmr~
          • Dawn Malmstrom
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
              > Thanks Adele!
              > One day I'll get the hang of it myself. Is there some order of
              > importance for the different elements? I mean, does blazoning have
              > syntax?
              > Rosie

              Yes, to put it in as simple terms as possible. Think of the arms
              painted in layers on a shield facing you. You would "read" the arms
              starting in the first layer painted in the left upper corner. First up
              is the main field division (if any) and the color(s) of the field.
              Then the charges. then anything on the charges. Laurel has a great
              tutorial on heraldry that explains it better here:

              http://www.sca.org/heraldry/primer/index.html

              Hope this helps.

              Donata Bonacorsi
            • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
                I mean, does blazoning have
                > > syntax?
                > > Rosie
                > >

                > Yes, to put it in as simple terms as possible. Think of the arms
                > painted in layers on a shield facing you. You would "read" the arms
                > starting in the first layer painted in the left upper corner. First
                up
                > is the main field division (if any) and the color(s) of the field.
                > Then the charges. then anything on the charges. Laurel has a great
                > tutorial on heraldry that explains it better here:
                >
                > http://www.sca.org/heraldry/primer/index.html
                >
                > Hope this helps.
                >
                > Donata Bonacorsi

                Yes, thanks Donata. I guess it will take a while to learn, but it is
                another language! I'll have to find someone to teach me how to
                pronounce it all :)
                Rosie