CFP: Kzoo 2008 "Women Warriors and Women in War in the Middle Ages"

  • Samia al-Kaslaania
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2007
      From another list. Samia

      -------- Original Message --------
      Call for Papers

      Women Warriors and Women in War in the Middle Ages

      Kalamazoo, 2008

      This panel intends to explore the involvement, participation, influence,
      and effects of women in medieval warfare. We encourage submissions not
      only on the topic of women warriors, but ones that explore other ways
      women interacted with warfare. We hope to consider a wide variety of
      methodologies and disciplines covering the time period of c. 500 to c.
      1500. Ideally this panel will explore medieval women's participation in
      warfare and its acceptability (or lack thereof) in an activity that
      was considered by contemporaries to be predominantly masculine.

      Please send all submissions and questions to Colleen Slater
      (ces55@...). The deadline for submissions is September 15, 2007.