RE: [Authentic_SCA] 16th Century Polish cookbook

  • Rob Lewis
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
      MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their messages in digest form, we ask that you not top post and that you trim any portion of the preceding message which is not necessary to repeat. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

      How about checking with the Slavic Interest Group (sig@..., just like
      in the CC field, since I am sending it on to them)? I believe they have a
      few people doing late period Polish and Ukrainian research there who may be
      interested in translating this book.

      Ivan Kosinski
      College of Brymstonne
      Atenveldt

      MKA Rob Lewis
    • chrisknight2004
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
        MODERATOR NOTE. Please sign your posts so we can get to know you better. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

        you can email me a page, I'll have a go at it with an online
        dictionary. I might even make the recipe and send you a photograph.
      • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2007
          > > Why not set up a folder in the files section
          > > with the images of the original book, where
          > > the ambitious members of the group could post
          > > their translations and redactions?
          >>
          > An interesting idea, but I'm not sure about the storage space. I know
          > we almost maxed out at one point and I don't want to be a hog.

          Why not put them up on a web page? Geocities is easy enough to work
          with. I'm impressed by Helewyse's site:
          http://www.geocities.com/helewyse/
          She puts up the original, then the translations as she does them.
          Even if you have a few people helping you out on this project, you can
          easily add any translations emailed to you by cutting and pasting.
          Rosie