16th Century Polish cookbook

  • ericarchambault@juno.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
      Why not set up a folder in the files section
      with the images of the original book, where
      the ambitious members of the group could post
      their translations and redactions?

      I would enjoy doing some of the redactions,
      but translating early Polish isn't high on
      my list of skills to acquire.

      ~Hercule
    • Lady_Lark_Azure
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "ericarchambault@..."
        <ericarchambault@...> wrote:

        > Why not set up a folder in the files section
        > with the images of the original book, where
        > the ambitious members of the group could post
        > their translations and redactions?
        >
        > I would enjoy doing some of the redactions,
        > but translating early Polish isn't high on
        > my list of skills to acquire.
        >
        > ~Hercule

        An interesting idea, but I'm not sure about the storage space. I know
        we almost maxed out at one point and I don't want to be a hog. Maybe
        I'll store them in Photobucket and post the link.

        Isabeau
      • Rob Lewis
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
          MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive their messages in digest form, we ask that you not top post and that you trim any portion of the preceding message which is not necessary to repeat. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

          How about checking with the Slavic Interest Group (sig@..., just like
          in the CC field, since I am sending it on to them)? I believe they have a
          few people doing late period Polish and Ukrainian research there who may be
          interested in translating this book.

          Ivan Kosinski
          College of Brymstonne
          Atenveldt

          MKA Rob Lewis
        • chrisknight2004
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2007
            MODERATOR NOTE. Please sign your posts so we can get to know you better. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

            you can email me a page, I'll have a go at it with an online
            dictionary. I might even make the recipe and send you a photograph.
          • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2007
              > > Why not set up a folder in the files section
              > > with the images of the original book, where
              > > the ambitious members of the group could post
              > > their translations and redactions?
              >>
              > An interesting idea, but I'm not sure about the storage space. I know
              > we almost maxed out at one point and I don't want to be a hog.

              Why not put them up on a web page? Geocities is easy enough to work
              with. I'm impressed by Helewyse's site:
              http://www.geocities.com/helewyse/
              She puts up the original, then the translations as she does them.
              Even if you have a few people helping you out on this project, you can
              easily add any translations emailed to you by cutting and pasting.
              Rosie