Re: [Authentic_SCA] hat question for Rashid's hat

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2001
      Why is the pleated section as high as it is?  In the couple pictures I have seen of it(though the Voronets is the only one that readily comes to mind) the proportion of the whole hat seems to be about equal in height to the size
      of the rest of the face, and seems to have more turban to pleated tube.  I
      was just wondering what aided in your size decision.

      Actually, I thought that it was a little high, particularly after seeing the pic of Rashid in the hat, but not too much.  We'll see how it looks after I make it.  Since the pictures on the walls of Veronets and several other Monestaries in Romania have the tall portion in multiple colors, I'm making one in red and one in green.

      Despina