Clasps for Necklaces

  • jess@wayneprecht.org
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2007
      >> 2. What kind of clasps were used on necklaces during the elizabethan
      >> era? beads strung on thread then attatched to a ribbon, toggle clasps??
      >> I have no idea and haven't found any texts or pictures to give me any
      >> clues, help?

      I have a book I purchased at the Museum of London called "The Cheapside
      Horde" by Hazel Forsyth. Page 52 and 53 are beautiful color pictures of
      enameled necklaces. Where I can see cosures, it's a small gold hook on one
      side and a small loop on the other. I've seen similar at the craft stores.

      If you e-mail me directly at jess@... I can send you a
      picture- but I don't have a scanner, just my digital cameral. Not sure how
      much detail you will be able to see, but it might help you decide if you
      want to buy the book.

      Eydis