Newcomer apologia

  • Catherine Christine Catalfamo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2007
      MODERATOR'S NOTE - As a courtesy to the members of this very large and active list, please sign your posts. Even if you don't have an SCA name, sign it with something. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator. (Original message below.)

      Greetings all! I already "see some familiar faces." I am new to this
      list but am on other garb lists. I have done 14th century, Elizabethan
      noble (for my daughters) and Fete at Bermondsey arms akimbo dancer
      woman, as well as Italian Ren.1570 and 1590 (Moroni and Vecellio). My
      desire is to be as authentic as humanly possible, have a well
      developed persona before I start sewing, and stay out of debtor's
      prison. This goal is limited by my fabricolism and my rather mediocre
      (compared to many folks here) sewing skills, my procrastination in
      order to absorb every last detail, my laziness and my tendency to be
      thrilled by brinkmanship.("Only two weeks till Pennsic--let's START!")
      I will usually settle for knowing the footnotes that either support or
      refute the details of my clothing, even though some may be
      circumstantial, most debatable, and others explaining that, even
      though I know these things, it was the "best I could do." This season
      I am starting Tudor ca. 1530 and Glorious Rev for an opening theme at
      the Greater Pittsburgh Ren Fest.
      Several centuries away from this, I am a Calabrese/Sicilian
      disabled (on kidney dialysis)53 year old History
      Professor/reenactor/living and public historian specializing in
      everything middle 19th Century U. S..