Wearing a wimple

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2001
      Hi peoples,
      I'v got to do an oral presentation in a couple of weeks which involves
      dressing as a nun, I've got all the materials I need but I have a problem
      with the wimple (the bit that covers your neck basically from chin to the
      neckline of the dress) seing as it fits close to the throat I can't pull it
      on over my head, right now It's a plain square of white fabric about 1square
      foot. My problem is I've never worn one before and I can't figure out how to
      fasten it, I've tried using pins but they just slip out. I need a way
      (prefferably temporary) to fasten it at the back of my neck, I don't care if
      it's period (I won't be wearing it to an event or anything), I don't care if
      it shows (it will be covered by the veil), but it has to be something I can
      fasten for myself as everyone else will be busy fixing their costume and
      probably won't have time to help with mine.

      Thanks
      Elizabeth

      ----

      This has been a public service announcement from the land of stressed
      teenagers known as year twelve, Merici College.