Re: Covered bottles

  • Karen "Brat" Tricomo
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2007
      "Katherine Throckmorton" wrote:
      "A set of directions that work well, but use a lot of modern items can
      be found here: http://www.catehall.net/Fiasco.html"

      As my great good fortune would have it, I found such a bottle at
      GoodWill or a Thrift store and it appears to be a large bubble-bottom
      wine jug in which the hemp-looking rope (just like the one in the
      site's picture) has been glued on. However, I'll bet they used
      Elmer's Glue as I've had to glue-GUN my bottle around the lip bcuz the
      presence of so much water had started causing the rope to come loose.

      Anyway, I've always been terrified of breaking the thing bcuz I never
      would have known where to find another one (as I considered my
      original find to be VERY lucky & one-of-a-kind), so I really THANK YOU
      for putting this info out there & am grateful to the one that asked
      about it first!! :-D

      YIS,
      Catherine Holcombe of Arden