touting and event in Los Angeles...

  • Johanna von Nurnberg
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2007
      I just thought this might be interesting to some on this list.Thank
      you. Johanna

      In conjunction with the upcoming Known World Heraldic and Scribal
      Symposium in Caid, we are proud to include a workshop by Sylvana
      Barrett. She teaches the painting techniques used in medieval and
      Renaissance Europe, which is to say, egg tempera made with powdered
      pigments, and gold leafing.

      This is a unique opportunity. Sylvana regularly teaches workshops
      at the J. Paul Getty Museum, and at the Huntington Library. Later
      this month, she will be filming a piece for the National Geographic
      Channel on the painting of the Mona Lisa. If you are lucky enough
      to get a space in the museum classes, it will cost you more than the
      special price we have arranged.

      This is a separately priced workshop -- $100 for two 4-hour days of
      instruction, on the mornings of Thursday, June 14 and Friday June
      15. The place is the Crown Plaza Hotel on Century Blvd, just up the
      street from LAX. There is more information on Sylvana Barrett here:
      http://www.kwhss org/scribal1. html . Yes, by SCA event standards,
      this is expensive. By real-world, serious student standards, this is
      a bargain.

      As of Sunday, we had 8 reservations for this workshop. We need a
      minimum number of 15 to even be able to offer this, and there is
      room
      for 25 people in the class. Sylvana has graciously allowed us to
      cancel the class without penalty if we cannot fill it by May 15.

      You can get a registration form here: http://www.kwhss org/reg.html

      While we would like you to attend KWHSS with us, you do NOT need to
      register for KWHSS to attend this workshop.

      Just in case - check out our other activites planned for the weekend
      here: http://www.kwhss org/

      Eowyn Amberdrake,
      Steward of KWHSS
    • hl_catalina
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2007
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Johanna von Nurnberg"
        <femmedelyon@...> wrote:

        > I just thought this might be interesting to some on this list.Thank
        > you. Johanna
        >
        > In conjunction with the upcoming Known World Heraldic and Scribal
        > Symposium in Caid, we are proud to include a workshop by Sylvana
        > Barrett. She teaches the painting techniques used in medieval and
        > Renaissance Europe, which is to say, egg tempera made with powdered
        > pigments, and gold leafing.

        It sounds like a wonderful class! Sadly, the event is on the same week
        as the Lilies War in Calontir. My family looks forward to camping at
        Lilies every year. Wish the class had been at another time, I would
        have eagerly signed up. I do hope you get the people you need and that
        the class goes well!

        Catalina