Re: 12th Century Wales

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "herbaldruid" <herbaldruid@...>
      wrote:

      > I hope everyone is having a fun Easter. As summer fast approaches I
      > have need of resources to begin sewing garb for everyone. Here's what
      > I'm looking at for garb.

      > 16th Century Irish
      http://reconstructinghistory.com/ sells patterns. There are also
      articles on Irish dress under:
      http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/irish/index.html (Mouse over the
      word "IRISH" at the left of the screen for a pulldown menu.)

      > 12th Century Welsh
      Can't help with this one but perhaps someone else may.

      > Heien Period Japan
      Heian women's dress:
      http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/japanese/index.html (Mouse over
      the word "IRISH" at the left of the screen for a pulldown menu.)
      http://www.wodefordhall.com/karaginumo.htm and
      http://www.wodefordhall.com/display.htm

      Heian men's:
      http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/index.html
      join sca-jml to access these but there are PDFs of many of the garments).

      Hope this is helpful,
      Jehanne de Wodeford
      West Kingdom
    • Heather Rose Jones
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
        On Apr 8, 2007, at 2:53 PM, herbaldruid wrote:

        > Greetings everyone,
        >
        > I hope everyone is having a fun Easter. As summer fast approaches I
        > have need of resources to begin sewing garb for everyone. Here's what
        > I'm looking at for garb.
        >

        > 16th Century Irish
        > 12th Century Welsh
        > Heien Period Japan

        Direct evidence about 12th c. Welsh clothing is rather hard to come
        by, however you may find some useful leads in the FAQs for the
        SCA_Welsh yahoo group website or many of the same items on my
        personal website at <http://www.heatherrosejones.com/
        welshfaqmenu.html>. This particular time and place requires a fair
        amount of extrapolating from scraps of evidence and neighboring
        cultures.

        Tangwystyl
      • herbaldruid
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 12, 2007