12th Century Wales

  • herbaldruid
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
      Greetings everyone,

      I hope everyone is having a fun Easter. As summer fast approaches I
      have need of resources to begin sewing garb for everyone. Here's what
      I'm looking at for garb.

      16th Century Irish
      12th Century Welsh
      Heien Period Japan

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Yours in Service

      Michael
    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "herbaldruid" <herbaldruid@...>
        wrote:

        > I hope everyone is having a fun Easter. As summer fast approaches I
        > have need of resources to begin sewing garb for everyone. Here's what
        > I'm looking at for garb.

        > 16th Century Irish
        http://reconstructinghistory.com/ sells patterns. There are also
        articles on Irish dress under:
        http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/irish/index.html (Mouse over the
        word "IRISH" at the left of the screen for a pulldown menu.)

        > 12th Century Welsh
        Can't help with this one but perhaps someone else may.

        > Heien Period Japan
        Heian women's dress:
        http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/japanese/index.html (Mouse over
        the word "IRISH" at the left of the screen for a pulldown menu.)
        http://www.wodefordhall.com/karaginumo.htm and
        http://www.wodefordhall.com/display.htm

        Heian men's:
        http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/index.html
        join sca-jml to access these but there are PDFs of many of the garments).

        Hope this is helpful,
        Jehanne de Wodeford
        West Kingdom
      • Heather Rose Jones
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
          On Apr 8, 2007, at 2:53 PM, herbaldruid wrote:

          > Greetings everyone,
          >
          > I hope everyone is having a fun Easter. As summer fast approaches I
          > have need of resources to begin sewing garb for everyone. Here's what
          > I'm looking at for garb.
          >

          > 16th Century Irish
          > 12th Century Welsh
          > Heien Period Japan

          Direct evidence about 12th c. Welsh clothing is rather hard to come
          by, however you may find some useful leads in the FAQs for the
          SCA_Welsh yahoo group website or many of the same items on my
          personal website at <http://www.heatherrosejones.com/
          welshfaqmenu.html>. This particular time and place requires a fair
          amount of extrapolating from scraps of evidence and neighboring
          cultures.

          Tangwystyl
        • herbaldruid
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 12, 2007