[Authentic_SCA] Re: Question about fabric...

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 27, 2007
      > > I did once upon a time get some spectacularly
      >> successful results with Rit on silk. Does it contain an acid, or some
      > > acidic element?

      My understanding is that Rit contains two kinds of dyes, one meant
      for cotton and plant fibers, one meant for protein fibers. I was
      told that you basically are throwing away half the dye because only
      one of the dyes will work. I'd look online for dye suppliers.
      Dharma Trading is reputable, but there are others. Look at the site
      for information at least.

      http://www.dharmatrading.com/

      Ranvaig
    • Jennifer
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 28, 2007
        [MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive this list in digest form, please do not top post. Please be sure to edit any portion of the previous message which does not require repeating. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator. ]

        They are also wonderfully helpful at Dharma Trading
        and have a delightful sense of humor. I ended up
        spending over 40 min with a couple of them explaining
        a process to me...a couple of times...lol.
        Ldy Lucrezia

        ___________________________

        > 4a. Re: Question about fabric...
        > Posted by: "ranvaig@..."
        > ranvaig@... ranvaig
        > Date: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:25 pm ((PDT))
        I'd look online for dye
        > suppliers.
        > Dharma Trading is reputable, but there are others.
        > Look at the site
        > for information at least.
        >
        > http://www.dharmatrading.com/
        >
        > Ranvaig

      • Beth Lokey
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 28, 2007
          Dharma is also very helpful if you have questions. I have asked them for
          suggestions on products and gotten good results.

          Mina