Re: [Authentic_SCA] How is worsted wool for a rain cloak?

  • John Groseclose
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2007
      At 6:54 PM -0700 3/27/07, Heather Rose Jones wrote:

      If I were making a rain cape, I'd use a very dense coating wool (see
      if you can find the kind called "boiled wool" or "boiled coating"),
      which ends up looking almost like felt.

      I've two coats my lady made for me by taking plain thick wool and
      washing it three times in very hot water before cutting and sewing.

      The result is very thick, very warm, and darned near waterproof.

      My fellows on the night shifts at Estrella have on occasion burst
      into laughter at the sight of my head steaming in the rain because
      the hood and coat are that warm.

      Iain
      --
      Inter spem curamque, timores inter et iras
      Omnem crede diem tibi diluxisse supremum:
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2007
        Thank you to everyone who replied!

        All the best,
        Alissenda