Re: [Authentic_SCA] Stupid questions

  • Lilinah
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 8, 2007
      BTW, you're looking into the period of the 'Abbasid dynasty. Black is
      definitely NOT suitable for garments in this period, unless you are
      part of the ruling family, since black was "their" color and the
      color of their flag.

      --
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 8, 2007
        Urtatim wrote:
        "I have a few examples of Persian fabrics on my web site:
        http://home.earthlink.net/~lilinah/Textiles/Actual_Persian_Fabrics/persianfa
        brics.html
        and slightly more examples of Ottoman fabrics:
        http://earthlink/~al-qurtubiyya/RealOttoFabric.html"

        These links don't seem to work for me. Is there a fix?
        Thanks, Kathryn

      • Lilinah
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 8, 2007
          >Urtatim wrote:
          >> I have a few examples of Persian fabrics on my web site:
          > >
          >http://home.earthlink.net/~lilinah/Textiles/Actual_Persian_Fabrics/persianfabrics.html
          >> and slightly more examples of Ottoman fabrics:
          > > http://earthlink/~al-qurtubiyya/RealOttoFabric.html
          >
          >These links don't seem to work for me. Is there a fix?
          >Thanks, Kathryn

          My apologies.

          This one is case specific:
          http://home.earthlink.net/~lilinah/Textiles/Actual_Persian_Fabrics/PersianFabrics.html

          And on this one i left out several key parts of the address:
          http://home.earthlink.net/~al-qurtubiyya/Fabric/RealOttoFabric.html

          Sorry about that. And thanks for catching it.

          --
          Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
          the persona formerly known as Anahita
        • Beth and Bob Matney
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 8, 2007
            At 01:59 PM 3/8/2007, Urtatim wrote:
            >This one is case specific:
            >http://home.earthlink.net/~lilinah/Textiles/Actual_Persian_Fabrics/PersianFabrics.html

            Urtatim,

            I've acquired a pretty good reference collection on textiles most of the
            Islamic cultures, but I'm a bit weak on Persian. What references do you
            suggest?

            Most of my textile/costume reference books (though I have a long way to go
            for other topics) are now cataloged online at www.librarything.com Search
            for user "Castlegrounds".

            Beth