Re: [Authentic_SCA] Showtime: Henry VIII

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2007
      From: <kittencat3@...>
      To: <Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 1:54 AM
      Subject: Re: [Authentic_SCA] Showtime: Henry VIII

      > Not to mention that some of the fabrics used look Art Nouveau rather than
      > 16th century. Even worse, Henry, a redhead, is played by a brunet, and
      > Catherine
      > of Aragon, who was renowned for her strawberry blonde hair and fair
      > complexion, is played by a stereotypically dark Spaniard.
      >
      > Not a chance on God's green earth am I going to watch this.
      >
      > Sarah Davies

      If it turns up on free to air TV here in Australia I might watch it if it
      doesn't compete with something good. I'll take the opportunity to do some
      hand sewing and laugh at the alternative universe they've made up with
      'Henry 8' (even that makes me laugh, it sounds like a line out of a little
      kids story book ' Henry 8 and ate and ate and ate.' ;->, it's in Arabic
      numerals so it's obviously pronounced eight not the eighth like it would be
      in Roman numerals) and Princess Margaret Dowager Queen of France. Plus
      because the costumes aren't that interesting I can look at my sewing rather
      than at the TV.
      Elizabeth
      Elizabeth Walpole | Elizabeth Beaumont
      http://au.geocities.com/e_walpole/