Re: baby clothes patterns: Uncledom

  • tasha_medvedeva
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 22, 2007
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "tasha_medvedeva"
      <tasha_medvedeva@...> wrote:

      > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Sandra Dodd <Sandra@> wrote:
      > >

      > > -=-Argh! This sounds hard! No wonder I haven't put facings into any
      > > of my
      > > tunics yet!-=-
      > >
      > > http://sandradodd.com/duckford/sewing
      > >
      > > There's a very clear diagram of how the facings work, from an old
      > > hippie sewing book from the 70's.
      > >
      > > It really is easier than it sounds.
      > >
      > > AElflaed of Duckford

      {snip}

      > I'm going to look through my Flickr account; I think I might have
      > photos of how I do neck facings.
      >
      > Tasha

      Found it, and I carved out some time to add captions and notes to the
      pictures. I would like to note that while I do use a sewing machine
      to topstitch, I embroider over the stitching with a stem stitch
      afterwards (I didn't hand sew because time was of the essence, and
      this way at least it would be done and I could embroider over the
      stitching at my leisure).

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/tashabear/sets/72157594551079483/

      Enjoy.

      Tasha