Re: [Authentic_SCA] ?clothing for a labouring man late 1530's Nueva Espana (la Florida)?

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2007
      Any suggestions on clothes for the
      > Spanish labouring classes during this period? Artists whose work I
      > should see, etc? Thank you.

      I'd say take a look at botanical books from the era. Often they will portray
      the natives and non-natives doing such things as gathering crops, planting,
      or engaged in some craft. While the 'pictures' are usually woodcuts and so
      not always great on minute detail, they should give you a few ideas for
      direction.

      Smiles,
      Despina

      www.theskilledquill.com
      Beautiful documents for joyous occasions