RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: wash basins

  • Robert Van Rens
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2007
      For what its worth, I have been rading Thrupp's _Merchant Class of London_,
      and there are some references to inventories and wills in the text; one of
      the itms mentioned with some frequency is "basins", as opposed to bowls;
      also, "lavers" and "lavoratori", which are fairly similar to the arangement
      that Elspet decribes.

      Eadric

      >From: "Elspet Byndelase" <elspet@...>
      >
      >--- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Kim C" <ysabel_delille@...>
      >wrote:
      authentic to the 14th century (france and
      > > england). How would a wash basin figure in? Were they used? If
      >not,
      > > why?
      >

      >I have a ceramic one similar to the plainer kettle shaped
      >variety that I use for my camp.
      >It is hung under the my dining fly by a metal gravity hook on one of
      >the poles. I place a towel over the hook and it makes a convenient
      >hand washing station.
      >
      >Elspet

      Valentine�s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping