Re: [Authentic_SCA] Authentic event site?

  • Madeleine Delacroix
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 7, 2007
      [MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our list members, please do not top post and repeat the entire previous post to which you are responding.
      Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator]

      The only historical event I have ever been been to (not really an event, more a place) was Plymouth Plantation in Mass., well past period, but it would be nice if all events could be similar. I have only been involved in the SCA for about a year, dabbled in historical costuming and things like that, anyway, I think the SCA wants it to be what people as a group want..you do have those that HAVE to be period even if it causes them panic attacks, then there are those that feel that you can be a period as you want, maybe you can't afford a pavillon, ok, don't place your tent up front, or cover it with something..I kinda expected more period speech at one activity I was at, prior to the group I am in now, I was only hearing people discuss the car pool on Monday..Sam's Club run..it was kind of disappointing..

      Adieu,
      Madeleine Louise Delacroix
    • Ceindrych merch Rhiagad
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 11, 2007
        Everyone has given such wonderful suggestions. Thank you all. I have quite a list of sites bookmarked now. I think I will be busy for some time.
        Thank you again.

        Ceindrych merch Rhiagad
        Incipient Shire of Drakelaw
        Oaken Region, Middle Kingdom