Re: [Authentic_SCA] Authentic event site?

  • Sandra Dodd
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 7, 2007
      -=-Is there an event anywhere in the SCA that actually tries to
      duplicate - across-the-board authentically - a given historical time/
      place? -=-

      The SCA's not set up to do that. Because of the rules, if someone
      said "We're doing a 9th century Viking event and no one else can
      come" or "We're doing an Elizabethan masque, and nobody can come in
      early costume," it wouldn't be in keeping with Corpora.

      -=-It sounds like they've got it right, but these groups are tiny,
      local, and very narrowly focused.-=-

      That's what makes it work--narrow focus, which the SCA has never had.

      -=-that the food I am served is period and the cook doesn't have a
      can of Coke sitting on the counter next to her teflon frying pan, -=-

      Then you'll need to do all that yourself and gather others around to
      share it.

      If you're the cook, THEN you can avoid Teflon and a coke sitting
      there, but to ask that of the cook if you just showed up to eat seems
      off-the-scales unreasonable to me.

      AElflaed of Duckford
      Outlands

    • Ceindrych merch Rhiagad
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 11, 2007
        Everyone has given such wonderful suggestions. Thank you all. I have quite a list of sites bookmarked now. I think I will be busy for some time.
        Thank you again.

        Ceindrych merch Rhiagad
        Incipient Shire of Drakelaw
        Oaken Region, Middle Kingdom