13th century Mongol Invasion Scrolls

  • wodeford
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2007
      I found this link earlier in the week while looking for something else
      (as is often the case). These images are from a 13th century Japanese
      manuscript chronicling the attempts of the Mongols to invade Japan.
      http://www.bowdoin.edu/mongol-scrolls/

      Japanese books read from right to left. Use the buttons at the bottom
      right of the screen to "unroll" the scrolls.

      Saionji no Hanae (who is sometimes Jehanne de Wodeford)
      West Kingdom