Re: Ideal Elizabethan trip?

  • Dragon
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2007
      [MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to the members of this list, kindly sign your posts. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator]

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com,
      > msgilliandurham <msgilliandurham@...> wrote:
      > If you were planning a trip to Britain and wanted to visit all the
      places where you could get info on life in Elizabethan England, where
      would you go?

      All Good Choices, I have a friends hoping to "do" Kentwell this year.

      > 1] Barley Hall, in York.
      > 2] The Hospital of St. John & The Cross, in Winchester.
      > 3] Prittlewell Priory, Prittlewell, Essex.
      > 4] Southchurch Hall, Southchurch, Essex.

      For those who ARE able to make the trip to the UK some time in May,
      (Date to be confirmed,) The Wincester Pilgrimage will be taking place
      again. The reason I mention it is because we STAY in the Hospital of
      St John and the Cross.

      It's a Bautiful place and so nice to "play" in a propper medieval
      venue. They are kind enough to basically give us the Run of the
      place. Last year's event was BRILLIANT.