Re: Ideal Elizabethan trip?

  • Aliskye
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
      The Museum of London where I believe the Cheapside Horde is on display.

      regards,

      aliskye
    • Dragon
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2007
        [MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to the members of this list, kindly sign your posts. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator]

        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com,
        > msgilliandurham <msgilliandurham@...> wrote:
        > If you were planning a trip to Britain and wanted to visit all the
        places where you could get info on life in Elizabethan England, where
        would you go?

        All Good Choices, I have a friends hoping to "do" Kentwell this year.

        > 1] Barley Hall, in York.
        > 2] The Hospital of St. John & The Cross, in Winchester.
        > 3] Prittlewell Priory, Prittlewell, Essex.
        > 4] Southchurch Hall, Southchurch, Essex.

        For those who ARE able to make the trip to the UK some time in May,
        (Date to be confirmed,) The Wincester Pilgrimage will be taking place
        again. The reason I mention it is because we STAY in the Hospital of
        St John and the Cross.

        It's a Bautiful place and so nice to "play" in a propper medieval
        venue. They are kind enough to basically give us the Run of the
        place. Last year's event was BRILLIANT.