Re: [Authentic_SCA] Colored table linens?

  • paula smead
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2007
      [MODERATOR NOTE: As a courtesy to our membership, please do not top post. Top posting often results, as it does in this case, in the sender repeating the entire previous post instead of editing it to include only the items responded to.
      Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.]

      i agree with you. colored table coverings tended to be table carpets not used for dinning. the was a merchant selling the woven table cloths that were very period in design!

      though embroidery devices on colored linens are nice for feast, it wasn't done in period. at least, not anything i have seen. :)

      Giovanna dEste <bellagia@...> wrote:
      [SNIPPED BY MODERATOR]
      I don't want to tell the individual in question that it's not the
      practice of the period in question to use a colored cloth with
      canting designs unless I'm mostly sure that that's not the case.