Re: [Authentic_SCA] Men's fur hat or coif pics?

  • Lilinah
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 25, 2007
      Maggie wrote:
      >For the knitters out there, Mistress Telana (aka Jennifer Carlson) has an
      >article up with a history of the Monmouth cap & conjectural directions.
      >http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/jennifer/Monmouth.htm

      For the knitters out there, there is the HistoricKnit list on Yahoo.
      -- We have had many lively discussions about the Monmouth cap, and
      different directions for knitting one's own.
      -- We have directions for making knit flat caps (thanks to Chris
      Laning) in our files section, as well as photos of surviving flat
      caps.
      -- And we've discussed thrummed caps, too, although only once or twice.

      --
      Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
      the persona formerly known as Anahita