Re: speaking of blackwork

  • mountainfern
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 16, 2007
      [MODERATOR'S NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive this list in digest form, please do not top post. It is too easy to repeat nonessential information from previous messages without editing. Your coopration is appreciated. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.]

      You might try the Blackwork yahoo Group @

      Norayn

      In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "dona_violante" <dona_violante@...>
      wrote:
      > Greetings, all!
      > I'm looking for great sources of pictures of period blackwork. I'm
      just starting to learn about the art of blackwork, and most of the
      books I have it's too hard to make out any details. If any of you can
      recommend books, websites, etc, to recommend I would appreciate.
      I'm not interested in technique at this point as much as I am in
      designs, so I wasn't sure if art books or embroidery books were the
      best choice.