Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: which Edition of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales?

  • Michael Hurley
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 25, 2006
      At 12:36 PM -0800 on 12/25/06, Michael Strain wrote:

      > Tell me the best one to get and I'll add it to my list of books to
      >buy. I personally love the feel of a book in my hands. I even
      >went so far as to print a PDF text book for one of my classes rather
      >than read it on line.

      Personally, I quite like my copy of the Riverside Chaucer. It may be
      more expensive than you are looking for, though, and has the complete
      works not just The Canterbury Tales. A new copy is about 90 bucks
      from Amazon. It has, however, excellent biographical and
      informational notes throughout and a glossary, something like 500-600
      pages total.
      --

      Auf wiedersehen!

      "..No."

      -Real Genius
    • Michael Strain

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 26, 2006
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hurley <mephit@...> wrote:
          > Personally, I quite like my copy of the Riverside Chaucer.

          [Grin] That's the one my father would NOT permanently loan me. It's
          excellent. Might be worth looking for used if the new pricetag is too
          rich for your blood.

          Cheers,
          Jehanne de Wodeford
          West