Re: which Edition of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales?/Books

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2006
      > Can't you just read online and print out what you
      want to read
      > elsewhere?
      > It seems a shame to buy a whole book.

      The day computers completely replace books, kill me
      and bury me with
      my small, eclectic, unappreciated library.

      Yes, I just posted a link to an online edition of the
      Ellesmere
      manuscript. That in no way replaces or improves upon
      the experience of
      standing over the real thing at the Huntington library
      and reading
      bits of the Miller's Tale aloud in Middle English.

      Books rule!

      Jehanne de Wodeford
      Bibliophile

      ???

      A shame? To own a physical copy of Chaucer?

      The mind boggles.

      Laurensa

      Do we have enough for a chorus yet? ;-) I have a
      couple scanned copies of books, but only because I
      can't spend $600 or so on the real thing. Nothing
      matches flipping through the pages of real books made
      of paper.

      Alcyoneus

      http://mail.yahoo.com