OT free image hosting websites

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2006
      Hi everyone, this message is slightly costume related in that the photos I
      need to upload are costuming related but I was hoping that someone else on
      this list knew of a website I could use.
      The website I've been hosting my costume photos at is now demanding money to
      keep my photos up and I can't pay. I've been using www.myphotoalbum.com to
      host the free version of Am I Period or Not, but now they say that you've
      got to buy something from them at least once a year to keep your account. So
      I'm looking to move the photos to a new host, does anybody know of a photo
      hosting website that's free and also allows visitors to leave comments and
      vote on images? If there isn't one that has voting just comments will do,
      but I'd prefer one that allows visitors to vote on images (as that's a large
      part of the point of Am I Period or Not).
      thanks
      Elizabeth
      Elizabeth Walpole
      Canberra Australia
      ewalpole[at]tpg.com.au
      http://au.geocities.com/amiperiodornot/
    • Jane Stockton
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2006
        Quoting Elizabeth Walpole <ewalpole@...>:

        > Hi everyone, this message is slightly costume related in that the photos I
        > need to upload are costuming related but I was hoping that someone else on
        > this list knew of a website I could use.
        > The website I've been hosting my costume photos at is now demanding money to
        > keep my photos up and I can't pay. I've been using www.myphotoalbum.com to
        > host the free version of Am I Period or Not, but now they say that you've
        > got to buy something from them at least once a year to keep your account. So
        > I'm looking to move the photos to a new host, does anybody know of a photo
        > hosting website that's free and also allows visitors to leave comments and
        > vote on images? If there isn't one that has voting just comments will do,
        > but I'd prefer one that allows visitors to vote on images (as that's a large
        > part of the point of Am I Period or Not).
        > thanks
        > Elizabeth

        Elizabeth,

        After trying out a few online image hosting services, I've joined the
        crowd and gone with Flickr. I'm using the free account, but the pro
        isn't that expensive. There are comments but no voting. It also has
        tags, which are very useful when looking for images. Has integrated
        photos into blog and a few other nifty toys.

        If you do join up, I've created a group for Lochac costumers:

        http://www.flickr.com/groups/costumersoflochac/

        Cheers,
        Jane
      • Lee Green
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2006
          MODERATOR NOTE. 1. PLEASE DO NOT TOP POST. 2. PLEASE SIGN YOUR POSTS. THANK YOU.

          Absolutly! There's a GREAT site just built for this sort of thing!

          http://www.amiperiodornot.com

          or

          http://www.CostumeRating.com

          It's absolutly FREE, and it's ALREADY divided up into seperate historical categories. There's comments, forums, weblogs, and users can upload their own pictures without having to wait for an administrator to do it for them! Each user can now upload up to 100 photos, complete with descriptions, into any mixture of categories they wish! Categories range from the classical era, through the Rennaissance, and even onto fantasy and sci-fi. It's the perfect solution to your dilema.

          Tyr it out!

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2006
            > It's absolutly FREE, and it's ALREADY divided up into seperate historical
            > categories. There's comments, forums, weblogs, and users can upload their
            > own pictures without having to wait for an administrator to do it for
            > them! Each user can now upload up to 100 photos, complete with
            > descriptions, into any mixture of categories they wish! Categories range
            > from the classical era, through the Rennaissance, and even onto fantasy
            > and sci-fi. It's the perfect solution to your dilema.
            >
            > Tyr it out!

            but as people have already submitted their photos to the other am i period
            or not I feel like I have committed to keep them together and I can't upload
            them on your site on behalf of somebody else, as I don't have the money or
            programing skills to create my own domain I've got to rely on a free host to
            take these photos.