RE: Braiding Trim Kumihimo Book

  • Apollonia Voss
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2006
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Authentic_SCA/message/54971;_ylc=X3oDMTJybHY5
      dGUwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIzMjIyODcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1NzY3NTAzBG1zZ0lkAzU0
      OTcxBHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzExNjU2NjYyNjY-> Re: Braiding trim

      Posted by: "Aliskye"
      <mailto:alizkye@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Braiding%20trim>
      alizkye@... <http://profiles.yahoo.com/alizkye> alizkye

      Fri Dec 8, 2006 10:40 pm (PST)

      Hey Luighseach!

      Can you recommend some good basic (easy :) kumihimo books? I'm having
      fun with one of the patterns and want to learn a few more.

      regards,

      aliskye
      --- In <mailto:Authentic_SCA%40yahoogroups.com>
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Luiseach@... wrote:

      > You might want to try some of the flat kumihimo braids > Luighseach

      Aliskye:

      While I've not tried kumihimo myself, I can tell you that this book past my
      librarian's "generalist book test." I bought it for my library around
      Pennsic 30. It MOVES i.e. circulates well. It covers several types of
      braiding including kumihimo.

      Link to our catalog's record:

      http://millennium.yorklibraries.org/search/dBraid+--+Japan./dbraid+japan/-3%
      2C-1%2C0%2CB/frameset
      <http://millennium.yorklibraries.org/search/dBraid+--+Japan./dbraid+japan/-3
      %2C-1%2C0%2CB/frameset&FF=dbraid&1%2C%2C2> &FF=dbraid&1%2C%2C2

      Author

      Owen,
      <http://millennium.yorklibraries.org/search/aOwen%2C+Rodrick%2C+1930-/aowen+
      rodrick+1930/-3,-1,0,B/browse> Rodrick, 1930-

      Title

      Braids : 250 patterns from Japan, Peru & beyond / Rodrick Owen.

      Publication Info.

      Loveland, Colo. : Interweave Press, c1995.

      ISBN

      1883010063

      Enjoy.

      ~Apollonia