Re: [Authentic_SCA] Flemish Kerchief

  • Sandra Dodd
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2006
      -=-What is the definition of headrail? Is that the word that would have
      been used, or are we putting a word on something we know existed, but
      don't know what it was called?
      -=-

      I wrote "Probably the other way around."

      I've come back to say two things. I meant to chop the end off my
      off onto language.

      And I was thinking of headrails (styles of wrappings of long strips
      of cloth).

      If the Flemish head-wrapping in question isn't one long strip of
      cloth but it's a more formed thing like a proto-bonnet (to mess with
      language even worse, maybe)... Maybe technically, still, it could
      be called a head rail and I have no dictionary of Flemish to even
      check to see if they used "rail" as English did)...

      AElflaed