posting problems

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006
      The main problems with top-posting or bottom posting is the amount of stuff
      that remains.

      Each message from a yahoogroup has a bunch of stuff at the bottom saying
      what the list is that the message came from, how to subscribe, etc. This is
      on the end of each message. To top post or bottom post means that people get
      to see this at the bottom again and again and again... not to mention those
      who read the list in digest form get to see each post multiple times with
      the stuff from yahoogroups on the bottom multiple times.

      The moderators realize that top-posting and bottom posting are usual on a
      number of other lists... it is not an accepted practice on this list.

      Intersparsing your reply with the original post is acceptable and highly
      recommended.

      If anyone needs the list ettiquette sent to them again or would like to see
      it posted to the list again, I would be happy to do so, please just let me
      know. Alternately, it can be found if you go to the group home site and in
      the search box type 'list ettiquette'.

      Thank you,
      Despina

      --
      www.theskilledquill.com
      Beautiful documents for joyous occasions