Re: braiding trim

  • Kelley
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
      MODERATOR EDIT FOR TOP POSTING.

      > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Ghita Amati" <djmccreary@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims?

      Card weaving would work, too.
      Cate
    • Dianne & Greg Stucki
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
        At 11:33 AM 12/4/2006, you wrote:
        >Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims? I
        > >cont find anything but pre-made trim online, and I cant see going to
        > >all this trouble to hand sew a dress, to add machine made trim on top
        > >of it...

        http://www.vertetsable.com has some instructions on passementerie.

        Laurensa
      • Ghita Amati
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006

          > >Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims?

          > What era are you talking about?

          Sorry for not adding this in the first post..
          14th Century Italian cotehardie is the gown I am working on
          now...except after I got done making it, it looks more like the French
          gowns than the Italian...something in the sleeves I think...for a
          first try I like it.

          Ghita