Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: braiding trim

  • Margaret Northwode
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
      I have a friend who has successfully woven trim from this braid using
      rat-tail cord, so I can attest the pattern is solid, if nothing else.

      Margaret, who's going to sail over to Laurellen's website; hadn't been there
      in a dog's age

    • Kelley
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
        MODERATOR EDIT FOR TOP POSTING.

        > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Ghita Amati" <djmccreary@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims?

        Card weaving would work, too.
        Cate
      • Dianne & Greg Stucki
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
          At 11:33 AM 12/4/2006, you wrote:
          >Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims? I
          > >cont find anything but pre-made trim online, and I cant see going to
          > >all this trouble to hand sew a dress, to add machine made trim on top
          > >of it...

          http://www.vertetsable.com has some instructions on passementerie.

          Laurensa
        • Ghita Amati
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006

            > >Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims?

            > What era are you talking about?

            Sorry for not adding this in the first post..
            14th Century Italian cotehardie is the gown I am working on
            now...except after I got done making it, it looks more like the French
            gowns than the Italian...something in the sleeves I think...for a
            first try I like it.

            Ghita