Re: braiding trim

  • tmartell48854
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Ghita Amati" <djmccreary@...>
      wrote:

      > Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims? I
      > cont find anything but pre-made trim online, and I cant see going to
      > all this trouble to hand sew a dress, to add machine made trim on top
      > of it...
      >

      > Ghita

      Oooo! Ooooo! Oooo! I know this one! Feel like a kid in school.
      I have use the directions from this website and love braiding.
      http://www.vertetsable.com/demos_simpletrims.htm

      Hope it helps
      Anthoinette
    • Margaret Northwode
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
        I have a friend who has successfully woven trim from this braid using
        rat-tail cord, so I can attest the pattern is solid, if nothing else.

        Margaret, who's going to sail over to Laurellen's website; hadn't been there
        in a dog's age

      • Kelley
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
          MODERATOR EDIT FOR TOP POSTING.

          > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Ghita Amati" <djmccreary@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims?

          Card weaving would work, too.
          Cate
        • Dianne & Greg Stucki
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
            At 11:33 AM 12/4/2006, you wrote:
            >Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims? I
            > >cont find anything but pre-made trim online, and I cant see going to
            > >all this trouble to hand sew a dress, to add machine made trim on top
            > >of it...

            http://www.vertetsable.com has some instructions on passementerie.

            Laurensa
          • Ghita Amati
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006

              > >Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims?

              > What era are you talking about?

              Sorry for not adding this in the first post..
              14th Century Italian cotehardie is the gown I am working on
              now...except after I got done making it, it looks more like the French
              gowns than the Italian...something in the sleeves I think...for a
              first try I like it.

              Ghita