braiding trim

  • Ghita Amati
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
      Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims? I
      cont find anything but pre-made trim online, and I cant see going to
      all this trouble to hand sew a dress, to add machine made trim on top
      of it...

      Ghita
    • Folo Watkins
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
        >Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims? I
        >cont find anything but pre-made trim online, and I cant see going to
        >all this trouble to hand sew a dress, to add machine made trim on top
        >of it...

        What era are you talking about?

        Cheers, Folo
      • tmartell48854
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Ghita Amati" <djmccreary@...>
          wrote:

          > Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims? I
          > cont find anything but pre-made trim online, and I cant see going to
          > all this trouble to hand sew a dress, to add machine made trim on top
          > of it...
          >

          > Ghita

          Oooo! Ooooo! Oooo! I know this one! Feel like a kid in school.
          I have use the directions from this website and love braiding.
          http://www.vertetsable.com/demos_simpletrims.htm

          Hope it helps
          Anthoinette
        • Margaret Northwode
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
            I have a friend who has successfully woven trim from this braid using
            rat-tail cord, so I can attest the pattern is solid, if nothing else.

            Margaret, who's going to sail over to Laurellen's website; hadn't been there
            in a dog's age

          • Kelley
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
              MODERATOR EDIT FOR TOP POSTING.

              > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Ghita Amati" <djmccreary@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims?

              Card weaving would work, too.
              Cate
            • Dianne & Greg Stucki
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
                At 11:33 AM 12/4/2006, you wrote:
                >Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims? I
                > >cont find anything but pre-made trim online, and I cant see going to
                > >all this trouble to hand sew a dress, to add machine made trim on top
                > >of it...

                http://www.vertetsable.com has some instructions on passementerie.

                Laurensa
              • Ghita Amati
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006

                  > >Does anyone have any links on how to braid or weave your own trims?

                  > What era are you talking about?

                  Sorry for not adding this in the first post..
                  14th Century Italian cotehardie is the gown I am working on
                  now...except after I got done making it, it looks more like the French
                  gowns than the Italian...something in the sleeves I think...for a
                  first try I like it.

                  Ghita