Re: Early Tudor Sleeves

  • Kelley
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
      Sorry, that was the wrong site! Thanks for pointing it out. This
      one should be a bit more specific:
      http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/tudor/index.html
      Thanks!
      Cate
    • Kelley
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
        Isabella, et. al., -

        It seems like there are 2 styles - which I think you've described - the
        triangular lower sleeve vs. the rectangular "roll". I think I like
        the "roll" style better (and it seems like it would be an easier fit).
        But, are you suggesting that the undersleeve would tie onto the upper
        part (underneath at the elbow, I assume)? I like the half-shell shape
        and would tie it the way down to the wrist.
        Thanks (hope all that makes sense),
        Cate
      • jubileel_insaneone
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
          --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Kelley" <kelley_rambo@...> wrote:

          > Isabella, et. al., -
          >
          > It seems like there are 2 styles - which I think you've described - the
          > triangular lower sleeve vs. the rectangular "roll". I think I like
          > the "roll" style better (and it seems like it would be an easier fit).
          > But, are you suggesting that the undersleeve would tie onto the upper
          > part (underneath at the elbow, I assume)? I like the half-shell shape
          > and would tie it the way down to the wrist.
          > Thanks (hope all that makes sense),
          > Cate

          Nope, the false sleeve is completely seperate. It's just tied to your
          arm.
          A picture of one of the ones I made is at:
          http://isabelladangelo.livejournal.com/2005/07/31/
          http://isabelladangelo.livejournal.com/5352.html#cutid1

          -Isabella
        • Kelley
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
            MODERATOR EDIT OF TOP POSTING.
            --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "jubileel_insaneone"
            <isabelladangelo@...> wrote:

            > Nope, the false sleeve is completely seperate. It's just tied to your
            > arm.
            > A picture of one of the ones I made is at:
            > http://isabelladangelo.livejournal.com/2005/07/31/
            > http://isabelladangelo.livejournal.com/5352.html#cutid1

            Isabella -
            Thanks for sending the pictures!