Re:ink or paint recipets

  • Bruce Green
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006
      Despina wrote: "Anyone else have ideas or know where to find ink and paint reciepts?"

      I remember from a documentary on Stradivarius violins that in Rennaisance Italy laquers and paints were often sold by alchemists and had unusual things in them like powdered gemstones.

      Monasteries that were known for scriptoral illumination might also be a good place to search. And speaking of illumination, your local scribe might have good references and there might be a scribe's group on yahoo.

      Su criado humilde,
      --Diego