Re: [Authentic_SCA] The Confessional - continued

  • Andrea Hughett
    Message 1 of 35 , Nov 29, 2006
      --- "Lyle H. Gray" <gray@...> wrote:

      Maybe with using the
      > cotton
      > broadcloth as fabric for early garb? ;-)

      So many of us have done that, it reminds me of Martin
      Luther's confessor begging him to for heaven's sake
      get out there and commit some less boring sins.

      Andrea of Anglespur
      kitscaa Gwervyl verch Hywel Gwyddwyllt
      So many books, so little time!

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
    • Adele de Maisieres
      Message 35 of 35 , Nov 30, 2006
        Heather Rose Jones wrote:
        >> Yes, and? I'm not claiming to have a strong case for drawers, here--
        >> just sweaty thighs and a preference for something a little better than
        >> mundane pants.
        >>

        > I'm sorry -- I though the site was being offered in evidence of the
        > historicity of medieval women wearing underpants, that's why I
        > offered further interpretation about it. I guess I got confused
        > because if people simply want to wear underpants with their medieval
        > outfits for personal reasons, there's no reason to try to dig up
        > historic evidence for it.

        Well, I'd like to justify it historically if I could, but all I've found
        is the odd little hint-- not enough to make a case for anything, just
        enough to make me keep an eye open for anything more solid. In the mean
        time, though, I do have purely practical reasons for wanting drawers,
        and white linen ones are at least a bit less glaringly mundane than
        modern ones.

        --
        Adele de Maisieres

        Habeo metrum - musicamque,