lute playing?

  • Amy Heilveil
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2006
      Someone in my barony is getting a lute this week... but he doesn't know how
      to play. Anyone have ideas or know of instructional videos or books for
      this instrument that I could pass along to him?

      Smiles,
      Despina de la the enabler

    • wodeford
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2006
        --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Amy Heilveil" <amyheilveil@...>
        wrote:

        > Someone in my barony is getting a lute this week... but he doesn't
        know how
        > to play. Anyone have ideas or know of instructional videos or books for
        > this instrument that I could pass along to him?

        How about the home page for the Lute Society of America?
        http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~lsa/

        The "publications" and "downloads" sections in particular may be of use.

        Jehanne de Wodeford
      • Amy Heilveil
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2006
          Thanks, I passed that along.

          Smiles,
          Despina

        • Greg Lindahl
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2006
            On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 02:25:15PM -0000, wodeford wrote:

            > How about the home page for the Lute Society of America?
            > http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~lsa/

            And:

            http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute/lute.html

            And Dowland's 1610 book:

            http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/bookshelf/details.html?bookid=40

            And a page where you can find links about Renaissance music:

            http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/music.html

            -- Gregory