OT Need latin translation

  • L. Williams
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 20, 2006
      Hey everyone I need some help. My son wants to get another tattoo. He is trying to find the Latin version of the phrase, "If you want peace prepare for war." Can anyone translate this for me? Pretty Please?

      Lisa W

    • Michael Hurley
      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 4, 2006
        MODERATOR NOTE - PLEASE SIGN YOUR POSTS AS A COURTESY TO OUR OTHER MEMBERS. THANK YOU.

        At 1:57 PM -0600 on 11/30/06, Margaret Northwode wrote:

        >Boots by Bohemond has a decent deal on Mary Rose type shoes, IIRC somewhere
        >around $65 for women's whole sizes in black. His other prices are fairly
        >steep, but this one's decent. Rumor mill has it that they're not
        >astoundingly comfy

        I have a pair of the men's version of his Mary Rose shoes for fencing
        in and they're quite comfortable. You have to break them in, though.
        They come having never had a foot-form or last in them and must be
        stretched to shoe shape. I used standard shoe trees and wearing them
        a few hours every day to do it. I also use modern insoles, as
        otherwise you're walking on bare shoe-sole.

        Also note that they are not constructed in a period manner. They look
        good enough from several feet, but they are entirely constructed
        using modern techniques and equipment (He uses a modern industrial
        shoemakers sewing machine). This may or may not matter to you, just
        letting you know.
        --

        Auf wiedersehen!

        "..No."