Re: Emergency (on my part) foodways request

  • Pete McKee
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2006
      Thank you, Luighseach. My wife, who was raised on a farm, also gave
      me the same advice. The program went very well. I often had 4 or 5
      kids at a time threading beanpods, peeling onions, and scooping the
      pulp out of the squash. We constantly had the chickens underfoot,
      going after all the dropped bits and pieces. We now have a few
      strings of beans drying by the chimney in the wattle & daub Planters
      house, a tub of sand laced with turnips & beets in a back corner of
      the tobacco barn, and 2 trays of drying squash cubes that we can reuse
      in a Native American program next Saturday. We had our basket of
      games out by the door of the house. There were a couple of times that
      we had a group of kids working and another playing. When that
      happened, we had fun telling the fable of the Grasshopper and the Ant.

      Thanks again for the help with the short notice request. Folks here
      seem to always come through.

      Take care,
      Pete Mckee